Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Detector

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Reading frenzy

My current state is one of reading frenzy...or shall I say "selective reading" frenzy. I'm ready to read everything provided they're not things I HAVE to read!
My eyes ache from continous staring at the screen, (those goddmaned e-books are really killing my sight) but I'm so high on my new findings... I'm switching from one book to another, wanting to swallow every word, every line that I'm reading (I wish I could feel the same about matters in my studies)...and as weird as it may seem it is just a kind of going so head over heels with words that I become tempted to put down some myself, write something...anything, just to give myself the illusion that I too am capable of this kind of beautiful creation, mine may certainly not be as beautiful but I always get this writing impulse after reading, like being it a part of an equilibrium i chose to believe in, that of "the pleasure of words":I get it from reading then I should try to restore some of what I took throug writing. Believe me if everyone starts to see reading and writing as parts of this process, humanity would never lack of good stuff to read :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realy like your writing , so don't stop ^^
what kind of ebooks you used to read ?

Myriam said...

Thank you :)
Actually, my crush on Amelie Nothomb's books is still going on :} so I've been reading some of her books lately along with Bernard Werber's.
I'm also trying to orientate myself towards some russian litterature but it's a little too long so I had to give up on it until better times!

Regards