Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Detector

Monday, March 29, 2010

Dust in the wind...

I've been listening to Kansa's song dust in the wind, and the following lines kept running through my head the whole day:

Same old song
just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

The last two lines could not ring truer for me!
Maybe they encapsulate after all the very essence of our existence as humans. Isn't it all that we really are? Just dust in the wind; ephemeral creatures with wavering feelings and inconsistent thoughts, always yearning for more, with nothing seemingly able to satiate our eternal longing for happinnes, no accumulated fortunes that could fill that deep big hole inside us all called greed, always willing to gulp down all that's poured inside it.
We do this while knowing perfectly that nothing's ever built to last!

Life seems to be just one big Deja vu after another, where commonplaces abound and where every experienced feeling or adventure is a replica of one that has already preceeded: We are blasé, all we do is trying to intensify emotions or prolong moments that we know are prone to fade away and that we seem to enjoy all the same...but who gives a damn after all? Isn't that what consumerism is supposed to be about?

PS: Reading back what I've just written made me realize that this post has something gloomy about it. I don't know why my mind did come up whith it now, I haven't the slightest intention of whining over people or things. Maybe that's because I've started reading a novel whose "depressive "characters are starting to rubb off on me, but I absolutely love the book and the pleasure I get from it makes up for it all! (I should dedicate a post to this later).
PPS: I've always been fascinated by countries in eastern europe ( their music, weather, nature, litterature...). Today however, I grew convinced that there are three of them I want to live in:
1st-Poland
2nd-Slovakia
3rd-Russia

(Don't ask my why I chose this order, I ain't got a clue :))

No comments: